Stacking Teams

Go down

Stacking Teams

Post by weasle50 on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 21:51

Butterfly can you turn on balance teams, a lot of the time people will stack one team over the other. I know some like to play allies or axis on certain maps but it unfair to the other side, plus you'll see players going spec because of it. I've seen certain players logon and deliberately join the team to stack it. Thank You for your time....love playing on these servers.

weasle50
Registered

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stacking Teams

Post by Butterfly on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 23:43

The problem with autobalance is, that doesnt stop people from disconnecting or going to spec.

I added lock and unlock to admins, so they can lock bigger team when the situation is really bad, we'll see if that helps.

Appreciate the love Wink

“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. And unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them. Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type. Unselfishness recognizes infinite variety of type as a delightful thing, accepts it, acquiesces in it, enjoys it. It is not selfish to think for oneself. A man who does not think for himself does not think at all. It is grossly selfish to require of one's neighbor that he should think in the same way, and hold the same opinions. Why should he? If he can think, he will probably think differently. If he cannot think, it is monstrous to require thought of any kind from him. A red rose is not selfish because it wants to be a red rose. It would be horribly selfish if it wanted all the other flowers in the garden to be both red and roses.”
~~ Oscar Wilde
Butterfly
Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trent5555 on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 16:07

in all the years i have been playing et, team stacking has always been a problem...and to make it worse is that you can have even teams one minute and next you have 4 to 1....i'm not sure forcing players to join a certain team is the answer either...admittedly, i have almost always played allies, and the few times i did play axis, i felt like a fish out of water...had no idea what to do...oddly enough, my brother (davidu) usually plays axis...lol...

trent5555
|LoA| Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trent5555 on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 16:10

there is probably no sure fire way to fix team stacking unless you had someone constantly monitoring the teams because they can change so fast...the lock-unlock is not a bad idea, though...

trent5555
|LoA| Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trent5555 on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 16:12

something else just occurred to me...i didn't know about checking the teams with the tab key till just a couple of years ago...maybe some of these players don't know about that or just don't bother to check very often...may need some advertising...

trent5555
|LoA| Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weasle50 on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 22:05

Again tonight 4 or 5 vs 1 .......really not fun to play.

weasle50
Registered

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneoldman on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 16:01

But at the same time I have seen 4 on 2 and the 4 get their behinds kicked. Happened last night and suddenly the match ended before it was supposed to and went to the next map. I don't know who all the admins are but if a game is to be terminated then ask out and see if everyone is in agreement. I personally at times like to be on the weaker side, no matter how large or small the opposing teams are just to have more of a challenge. But again there are times when you are the only one against 4 and can't even get out of the spawn. That does get frustrating to the point where you just say enough and leave.
Oneoldman
|LoA| Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum