Start Screen

Go down

Start Screen

Post by LtDan on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 10:53

I just got a new computer, and tried to reset ET as much as possible.

I have one little glitch I can't figure out.

When I connect, it goes right to the butterfly servers.

However, when I disconnect, I go back to the fearless Assassin Servers.

I know I need to delete something in the directory, but I can't figure out what it is.

I have had it happen before, and was able to fix it, but not sure what I did.

Any ideas
LtDan
Registered

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Start Screen

Post by Butterfly on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 11:37

My idea is to have a separate folder for my servers. Then you don't get any unwanted clutter from other servers. That's what I used to do in the past, but now I only play on my servers.

Best idea is to delete every file that starts with ~~~~~ or [][][][][][][][][] or zzzz from your "etmain" folder. That's where the menus are located. Upon first connection to any of my jaymod servers you will get the current menu.

I know some servers also manage to put clutter in your appdata folder. This is more tricky, since it's a folder that's hidden by default. To get there, click the search button in your windows taskbar, type in: %appdata% and check if you have any ET related file there. If you want to delete menus, they will be named similarly to what I typed above Smile

Another good way to always get to my server is to copy your ET shortcut (or make a new shortcut to et.exe) and put this in the target field:
Code:
+connect 72.5.54.115:27960
This shortcut will take your straight to my server Smile

Butterfly
Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LtDan on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 16:05

Took me a while, but I found the interloper. It was actually in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod directory.
LtDan
Registered

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum