Windozs Sux

Go down

Windozs Sux

Post by twisted on Thu 30 Aug 2018, 17:58

I reformatted and reinstalled windozs 7 on my laptop last month. 7/25 I also installed Ubuntu Mate on it that day. Mate updates in minutes.
I hardly ever get on it anymore since I switched to Linux. I only installed it as a way to allow a friend to learn ET on it, and it's my Smoking room, ehh bed room rig now.
So today I thought I would boot into windoze on my Laptop and update it. That was 3 hours ago and it's still updating. 117 updates. Unbelievable!
Linux only takes a few minutes to update, but windoze takes hours. 2 hours just to download those updates on 100mb cable connection. Just not right.
I hate windoze! It put me asleep! I think MaxiSnoop has their servers set at 56k. Or perhaps they just up loaded my entire HD. Now that may be.
Our cognitive dissidence may end up getting us tossed into a prison someday. Because while I got nothing to hide right now. In the future they may decide to make something illegal that's legal now. They well already have the evidence.
Cognitive dissidence well enslave, imprison, or kill most of humanity.
twisted
|LoA| Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Windozs Sux

Post by Butterfly on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 08:00

It seems to be a common issue with Windows 7. There's supposedly a fix: https://pos-x.com/support-article/microsoft-windows-update-fix-slow-updates-windows-7/

You can try it, I haven't, as I no longer have any Win 7 machine, so I can't guarantee it will work.

Butterfly
Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 07:18

I know there was a fix for the memory hog issue. I used it not long after they started pushing W10 on us all for free. Then there was the constant buzzard pecking to upgrade. Then I started to see people reporting that MS purposely slowed the down loads of w7 updates to encourage people to upgrade to w10. Maybe there is a 3rd party fix for it. In other words a hack.
I got a valid w7 key on this SFF HP. I installed w7 and used it . They want me to call them, and give them my personal info to get it to working. I call BS! I well not comply! I'm gonna feed them every line of crap I can dream up when I decide to do it, if I do. I have never had to give any personal info to install and use a Linux Os. I'm not gonna do it any more.
twisted
|LoA| Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum