Post by jonoconor on Fri 17 May 2019, 20:30

Are all the servers down but Minas?
jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Servers down? Empty Re: Servers down?

Post by Butterfly on Fri 17 May 2019, 22:58

No, they're online, but you're not the only one who can't connect. We are under a DDoS attack.

Butterfly
Butterfly
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by jonoconor on Sat 18 May 2019, 01:54

Well, that's a pain in the butt for you. I notice I never see anyone on Minas anymore. Does no one go there? I like that map once in a while.

Jono
jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by jonoconor on Mon 20 May 2019, 15:30

Hmmm. Still can only get to Minas. I hope you can figure out how to solve this attack. Any idea of who is doing it, or why? Seems pretty ridiculous to be attacking a small limited-reach server.

I'm sure you've been looking into how to stop it, and without having to pay for it, since I don't imagine you're generating any income from your servers.

Here's something I found. Not sure if it will help: https://kinsta.com/blog/ddos-attack/

Buena suerte, Mariposa.

Jono
jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly on Wed 22 May 2019, 23:25

There is no DDoS attack at the moment. Have you ever tried connecting when you're abroad? Was it successful? If yes, it may have to do with your IP at home.

Butterfly
Butterfly
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by jonoconor on Thu 23 May 2019, 01:55

I didn't have ET on my travel machine. And it was working here on this new ET install until about a week ago. Also, on the 'Play Online' list, only Minas shows up, not the other ones. I can still connect to Minas. And to the other servers on the list.

Very weird.

Jono
jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly on Fri 24 May 2019, 00:40

Have you tried typing the IP manually to connect?
Start ET, open console (~) and type:
/connect 72.5.54.115:27960

Does this work, or, if not, what does the screen say?

Butterfly
Butterfly
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by jonoconor on Fri 24 May 2019, 21:06

I tried it through the online list 'connect to server' function, and through the cmd console when I got on to the Minas server. In both cases, I just get the start screen and 'Awaiting connection,' but it never connects. Maybe it doesn't like ET Legacy, or some PB issue?

jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by jonoconor on Mon 27 May 2019, 18:44

Still no luck. Should I get rid of ET Legacy and just install the old ET?
jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by jonoconor on Mon 27 May 2019, 19:29

Uninstalled ET Legacy and reinstalled it fresh. Same problem. Can connect to 72.5.54.115:27962, but not to ports 27960, 27955, or 27964.

You might have to set a policy to allow my IP to connect to those other ports. Do you manage the servers, Mariposa, or do you have an IT nerd helping out? ;-)

Cheers,
Jono
jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly on Tue 28 May 2019, 08:02

I manage them. There are very few banned IP on the firewall, and yours isn't on that list. I really don't know how to help you, as I opened inbound and outbound traffic in all 4 ports and they're all set exactly the same.

Don't know if you tried connecting through a VPN. If that doesn't help that means it's not the IP. More like something in your OS. Now I understand you would not want to wipe your whole system, but if you had a different HDD on which you could clean install your system and try from there?

Butterfly
Butterfly
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by jonoconor on Tue 28 May 2019, 14:51

Yeah, it's perplexing that I could get in by one port and not another. This is a brand new Alienware box so I don't want to mess with the OS.

I could go the VPN route, but I've seen those things make such a mess out of registries that I don't want one installed on this box.

I do have the HDD from my last computer. I could connect it and see if that makes a difference. I don't want to leave it in though, because it's pretty old, and I don't want it in this box.

Maybe it was an OS update that caused the issue, so I'll just wait and see if new updates clear it up. Meanwhile I'll drift by Minas once in a while and see if anyone is there.

Thanks,
Jono
jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum