servers

System specs

Go down

System specs Empty System specs

Post by twisted on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 22:44

I know some of you may not want to post it but Idk why not.
I just bought a Dell T5500 workstation.
Right now it's got a 2.93ghz hex core xeon X5670 CPU, with 12gb ram. A NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800 1GB GDDR3 Graphics card coming. This is just to start. I'll put this 1 tb hdd in it. It should boot right up. It'll be dual booting Linux Mint Mate, and Ubuntu Mate. No windows anyplace outside a VM for me. My beast is gonna be proudly wearing a Tux. A fire breathing penguin wearing a bloody tux. I'm pretty sure one or two of you have something that well smoke this one.
I well be able to max it out at 72gb ram with 2 hex core 12 thread CPUs eventually. Manufacture limits.
So yea I shouldn't have any more issues with my hardware limitations. Not for a while at least. Just gonna be learning the software to do what I seek to do.
Frankly my friends I'm sick and tired of hitting my head against hardware limitations that stop me from doing what I want to do. Can't even learn how to use the software till the hardware can run the software. Can't live stream the game or even record it except for the game demos.
I payed less then $150 US bones for it. I figure maxed out I'll have less then $350 US bones in it.
Just for the record this new beast I am naming it "The beast" It's more machine then I've ever had access to. However it can't fix CSS and SR issues in game. "Can't See Shit, Slow Reflexes"
However with this beast I'll be able to do everything I've ever dreamed of doing as long as I learn how to do it. It's like having a weight lifted off me. I'm excited. Now it's only a matter of me being smarter then the equipment I'm working with. That's a challenge for all of us though. Is it not?
I love infinite possibilities. Don't you?
twisted
twisted
|LoA| Clan Member

Back to top Go down

System specs Empty Re: System specs

Post by Butterfly on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 00:53

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
i5-7400 @ 3Ghz (4 cores)
16GB DDR4

Recently purchased. Maybe not a beast, but I had no problem smoothly running new games on High/Very High settings, so I'm satisfied Smile
Was locked to Windows, had to change settings in UEFI to allow me run my live USB with Lubuntu.

Butterfly
Butterfly
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by twisted on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 13:58

Nice, bet it would run ET in a linux, with wine. I like the Gforce, 4gb. Bet it's fast.
twisted
twisted
|LoA| Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum