servers

Stacking Teams

Go down

Stacking Teams Empty Stacking Teams

Post by weasle50 on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 22:06

Maybe you should auto balance teams. Nothing like playing two to one when another player joins the server and makes it three to one. It's a different story when certain players are a lot better than everyone else (questionable) but the other times it's just stupid.

weasle50
Registered

Back to top Go down

Stacking Teams Empty Re: Stacking Teams

Post by Butterfly on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 15:57

I understand where you're coming from. I myself never join a team with more players. However "team balance" has flaws. It doesn't prevent people from disconnecting. For example we were 3 v 3 today, you disconnected leaving me and John Wayne versus 3 Allies on Egypt map. Then John Wayne disconnected, and I was alone against 3. I don't blame anyone, but the people on opposite team don't automatically switch to my team (Beavis did, but not everyone does that). Now I could force !shuffle, we tried that on another server, and people who couldn't play their team of choice would either disconnect, or go to spec if team balance was on. If it's not on, they tend to join back the team they were switched from.

I'm afraid there's no perfect solution for team stacking (someone tried banning admins for not switching, and that didn't end well lol), as people would rather disconnect than be forced to play a team they don't want. And I prefer a stacked team server rather than an empty one. I think we have to rely on players who switch to even out teams, like Beavis, Fluffy, Twisted etc, rather than force half measures like team balance, which doesn't work as intended.

Butterfly
Butterfly
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by weasle50 on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 18:46

That's why sometimes people go spec, but other times we know who does it most of the time so it's a good feeling to do it to them. I switch when I can to even them up. A lot of guys come on later than I do like yourself so maybe you don't see it as often. Just trying to enjoy myself....I really like your server.

weasle50
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum