servers

XP/level expirations

Go down

XP/level expirations Empty XP/level expirations

Post by Butterfly on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 01:21

Most of the inactive admins don't read the forums, but I want to put this information up, so everyone can see:

All the players that don't visit the server for 60 days have their XP and levels reset to 0. It happens automatically, to free up the database out of unused accounts. It's not my doing, I don't "kick" anyone out etc. If you are in the clan member group on the forum, you are the clan member on the server (impossible to read this if you're not in the group).

If you lost your level and are still in the group (so if you can read this), you can ask here to get set again Smile

Thanks.

//edit: pinned

Last edited by Butterfly on Mon 02 Jan 2017, 03:17; edited 3 times in total

Butterfly
Butterfly
Owner

Back to top Go down

XP/level expirations Empty Re: XP/level expirations

Post by NeRoQc on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 08:15

Perfect Butterfly, message received !
I am often on the forum but with work at 40-50h week and studies at 28h week, it is very complicated to play now, certainly soon !
Excited !!!
Excellent day to all

and my SON |LoA|Kickbo
Web Site
LinkedIn
Facebook
Twitter
NeRoQc
NeRoQc
Registered

https://www.ceptbiro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDawg15 on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 18:59

Good To know. Im on frequently anyway.
BigDawg15
BigDawg15
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Bastard on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 13:36

I frequent the servers... but lately have working 60 to 80 hours with travel... :-(

I am bad about reading the forums...
Sneaky Bastard
Sneaky Bastard
|LoA| Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneoldman on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 15:12

Great to know.
Oneoldman
Oneoldman
|LoA| Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jonoconor on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 20:50

Hey Mariposa!

I'm back from my winter down south. I have a new computer, just getting it all loaded up with apps and stuff. It would be great if you could set my XP back to where it was.

I plan to play really soon. I have to install ET from scratch again. Any new developments or gotchas I should know about? I installed Legacy last time I think, and it went fine.

Cheers,
Jono

jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Bastard on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 21:06

Welcome Back Jono!
Sneaky Bastard
Sneaky Bastard
|LoA| Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jonoconor on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 03:02

I just downloaded and installed Legacy ET. It ran on Yardy's but punted me out after a minute or two. I'll investigate in the morning.

Do I need to have regular ET 2.60 installed as well?

Thx,
Jono
jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 15:09

Hi Jon Wink
It works differently for different people, I still recommend 2.60b, as our mod is 100% compatible with that version, and the server runs on that version of the game. For some people Legacy works better, but currently I don't see a reason to play Legacy on non-legacy mod unless you want to try it out. You can try both of course and see which one you like more.

As for XP, the levels are all unlocked from the start, plus I set 14k XP as a "welcome gift" for every new player (2000 in every category). All "perks" are unlocked from the start, XP is really just a number. I can set your XP to custom number if you want, but it will require a bit of work and cooperation (namely, you would have to come with me to an empty server, where I would apply it, and then wait a couple of days until I copy your changed account to the main server - this process is necessary, because on jaymod, XP addition isn't a case, it requires a certain trick that affects all players - hence an empty server is required Razz)

Edit: whatever client you choose, make sure to set your com_hunkmegs to 256. This will avoid getting auto-kicked from some maps that need more resources than there are set in regular configuration.

open console (~) and type:
/seta com_hunkmegs 256

Do this right after opening the game, and again while on the server (this way you'll set it for both your main cfg and the cfg of a specific mod - jaymod in our case).

Butterfly
Butterfly
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by jonoconor on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 17:46

Thanks, Butter.
I did install Legacy, and it ran great today. I played for an hour or so on 'Yardy's.

I downloaded the 2.60 installer too, so I'll install that in a separate dir and compare them. I now have good Alienware computer with a good graphics card. It runs ET on full everything with no issues, so I should get a good test of both installs.

Cheers,
Jono
jonoconor
jonoconor
Registered

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum